One of the oldest homes in Louisiana, Destrehan Plantation was constructed beginning in 1787 and completed in 1790, during the period of Spanish rule. Robert Antoine Robin de Logny contracted with Charles Pacquet, a free mulatto carpenter, to build a raised house in the West Indies Creole style, and outbuildings to support his indigo plantation. Jean Noel d’Estrehan purchased the estate from deLongy, his father-in-law, in 1792 and added the matching garconnieres to the side galleries of the creole-colonial mansion to help house his 14 children. Pierre A. Rost and Louise d’Estrehan (daughter of Jean Noel e’Estrehan) acquired the plantation in 1839 and began to remodel the mansion in the then popular Greek Revival style. Destrehan has been restored by the River Road Historical Society.
Print is signed and titled by Jim Blanchard.
Shipping is included in the listed price to anywhere in the Continental United States for this item.