Jean Lafitte (1780-1826), a well-known pirate in the Gulf of Mexico, established his own “kingdom” of Barataria in the swamps and bayous south of New Orleans.  He and his many troops assisted Andrew Jackson in defending the City of New Orleans during the War of 1812.  Lafitte was run out of New Orleans around 1817.  His name has been associated with this Creole cottage on the corner of Bourbon and St. Philip Streets, known as Lafitte’s Blacksmith Shop.  The building dates to the French and Spanish Period of the Late 1700s.

Signed and Titled by Jim Blanchard

$28.50 includes shipping to anywhere in the continental United States

Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop