Colonel Thomas Pugh (1796-1852) enlisted noted architect, Henry Howard, to design and build his magnificent Greek Revival Mansion on Bayou Lafourche. Madewood’s construction began in 1844, and upon his death in 1848, his widow, Eliza Foley Pugh, completed the mansion. The Mansion was sold to the Marshall family in 1964.
The painting shows Madewood with its original red sandstone painted façade.
Madewood - Bayou Lafourche
- A color print of the Madewood Plantation Manor. The image measures 6" height by 9.75" width and is on a page measuring 8.5" Height x 11" width. The Image is signed and titled by Jim Blanchard.