1858 Map: (Reproduction) Norman's Chart of The Lower Mississippi River, Alternate Title: from Natchez to New Orleans. Cadastral map Showing landowners.
Map Size: 19 inches x 39 inches |Ready to Frame (frame not included)
- Price includes shipping to anywhere in the continental United States (rolled, shipped in a tube)
- Map Subjects: Maps | Mississippi River | Plantations | Real Property | United States
- Print production maintains vivid colors and faithfulness to the original map
Norman's Chart of the Lower Mississippi by A. Persac
- From Natchez to New Orleans, Circa 1858 by Marie Adrian Persac (1823 - 1873)
- Published by B. M. Norman, New Orleans, La., 1858
- This castadral map of the lower Mississippi River shows the land owners from Natchez, Mississippi south to New Orleans, designating plantation lots with names of owners. The primary crops, including sugar and cotton are represented by different colors on each lot. Four vignettes at the top and bottom show Baton Rouge, a cotton plantation, and Belle Grove, a sugar plantation.
- This print is a true copy of the original print (Library of Congress).
- One of the original prints sold in 2009 by Neal Auction for $315,999.00