Benjamin Tureaud began construction on Tezcuco in 1855 and completed the raised creole mansion in 1860. Benjamin Tureaud married Aglae Bringier, daughter of Michel Douradou Bringier of the Hermitage Plantation. Dr. Julian Trist Bringier acquired the mansion in 1888. The house is named after a village on Lake Tezcuco, Montezuma’s revenge, or resting place, in his flight from Cortez. Tezcuco burned on Mothers day, in May of 2002. The ruins remain as well as the gardens and great oaks. The surviving garconniere building to the left of the mansion has been moved and saved..
Tezcuco Plantation Manor
- A color print of the Tezcuco Plantation Manor. The image measures 6" height by 14.75 width and is on a page measuring 11" Height x 17" width. The Image is signed and titled by Jim Blanchard.