New Orleans Residences
(Click on Image for more details.)
800 Block of Camp StreetNew Orleans Townhouse built in 1840 for the Leslie Family. Corner of Camp and St. Joseph. Front & Side facades.
The Gilmore HouseSt. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA
Designed by Albert Diettel, architect.
Destroyed by fire in the 1980s.
Nathaniel Newton Wilkinson ResidenceCarrolton Avenue, New Orleans, LA
The Tudor Gothic Villa was built in 1849 by Wilkinson. Inspired by the designs of Andrew Jackson Downing.
The Robert A. Grinnan ResidencePrytania St., Garden District, New Orleans
Built in 1850 for Grinnan and designed by Henry Howard, architect.
"Halls Row"Coliseum St., Garden District, New Orleans
Eight Greek Revival and Italianate designed side-hall shotgun row houses built in 1868 for John Hall.
Henry S. Buckner MansionJackson Ave., New Orleans, LA
Built in 1856 for Buckner, and designed by Lewis E. Reynolds, architect. Was Soule College from 1923 to 1975.
Dr. George W. Campbell MansionSt. Charles St., (corner of Julia)
Built in the late 1850s, designed by L. E. Reynolds, architect, and demolished in 1965.
Dufour-Baldwin HouseEsplanade Ave., New Orleans, LA
Built in 1859 for Cyprien Dufour and designed by architects Henry Howard and Albert Diettel.
Nicholas Burke ResidenceSt. Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA
Built in 1896 for Nicholas Burke. Designed by Toledano and Reusch, architects.
The DeBoisBlanc ResidenceNorth Rampart Street, New Orleans, LA
Built in 1850s for the deBoisBlanc Family and later became the New Orleans Athletic Club.
Toby-Westfeldt HousePrytania St., Garden District, New Orleans
Built in the 1838 for Thomas Toby. Purchased by the Dugan family in 1858.
The Sheppard Brown MansionColiseum Street, New Orleans, LA
Built for Mrs. Shepperd Brown in 1850. Became the residence of W. B. Schmidt in 1871. Demolished. Only the fence and front door remain.
The 700 Block of Camp StreetRow of elegant 1830s townhouses facing Camp Street across from St. Patrick's Church.
713-15 and 717 Camp Street717 Camp was built in 1838 for Henry Palfrey. 713-15 Camp was built in 1852 by James Gallier for Dr. Weiderstrandt.
Gallier HouseRoyal St., French Quarter, New Orleans
Built for and designed by James Gallier, Jr., architect, in 1857.
South Rampart Street ResidencesThe large residence of Charles Kock (1857) on the left, with residences of Rion, Cenas, McCall and Behan.
The McCall TownhouseSouth Rampart Street, New Orleans
Built for Evans Jones McCall in 1853, designed by Henry Howard.
E. T. Robinson Mansion1456 Camp St., New Orleans, LA
Built for Robinson in 1858, and then sold to Frederick Del Bondio in 1865. Became the Sophie B. Wright Institute and then the Catherine Club.
The Luling MansionEsplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA
Built for Florenco A. Luling and completed in 1865. In 1871, Luling sold the estate to the Louisiana Jockey Club.
176-178 St. Charles Street700 Block of St. Charles Street.
Pair of 1830s Townhouses. Later remodeled and enlarged to be the Orleans Hotel.