Old Absinthe House - Bourbon Street, corner of Bienville
The building was constructed in 1806 for Perdo Fon and Francisco Juncadelia of Barcelona to house
their importing firm. They operated a grocery store here and offered food, imported wines and tobacco products. Senora Juncadelia converted the ground floor into a saloon, known as Aleix’s Coffee House, in 1856. The coffee house was renamed “The Absinthe Room” in 1874 when Cayetano Ferrer created the famous “Absinthe House Frappe”. The building today houses “The Absinthe House Bar”.
top of page
bottom of page